*If you would like to attach a resume to your application, you must do so at the time the application is submitted*
The Torchy's legacy began in Austin, Texas in 2006 with an idea, a dedicated executive chef and a food trailer. Today, Torchy's Tacos operates dozens of locations
across multiple states, all with the determination to deliver on our "Damn Good" food promise.
The Torchy's Family prides itself on talent, diversity, and one hell of a work ethic.
Purpose of Position:
The Fry Cook fries items as they are ordered and produce line prep items as listed on the daily prep sheet according to Torchy’s standards and recipes.
- Properly labels, dates, and fills pans correctly for all produced food items
- Properly sets up station according to diagram with appropriate backups to get through their shift.
- Properly breaks down station and cleans for the next shift, restocks if necessary
- Practices proper food safety and HACCP techniques, FIFO
- Does not over batch only fry ahead during busy times
- Fries chips as needed
- Communicates with grill and taco, listens for ticket times and is responsive
- Details kitchen equipment daily
- Assists with cooking queso, heating tortillas and reheating the black and refried beans for the hot line. May assist with grill or taco line depending on need
- Clear understanding of the recipe bible and how to care for it
- Keeps kitchen clean and organized including the walkin
- Verifies tickets, keep fryers clean while working, line sweeps,
- May be asked to assist with other duties outside of this job description
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment to include: fryer, char grill, flat top, stove, robo coups, emersion blender, dicers, mandolin and scales
- Basic knife safety
- Basic math: addition and subtraction
- Basic communication and reading
- Ability to multi-task
- Kitchen experience a plus
- Must be 18 years of age
- Holds current food safety certification for city