SENIOR TECHNICAL WRITER
Swisslog is a leading supplier of automation and software solutions for material transport and medication management that increases hospital efficiency and enhances the patient experience. We offer total system design, manufacturing, installation and customer support to provide an integrated solution that enhances information access, cost efficiency, error reduction and most importantly, patient safety.
The Technical Writer authors, edits, organizes, maintains and publishes customer facing documentation as well service and support-level procedural documentation. This person collaborates with members of other teams to coordinate projects and deliverables, and provides desktop publishing support for a variety of technical articles, reports, presentations, brochures, and/or manuals for a wide range of uses.
Additionally, the Technical Writer has knowledge of documentation principals such as hierarchical formats, chapters, sections, table of contents, use of figures and tables. This person also has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, best practices, and procedures within the technical writing industry and community, and can establish documentation best practices across a wide variety of software applications.
- Create, organize, maintain and manage standards and conventions, templates, style guidelines.
- Write and edit system or architectural-level, highly technical documentation including specifications, maintenance guides, release notes, interface specifications, system configuration guides
- Develop style guidelines and manage web presentation and presence
- Write and edit using structured or markup language
- Perform production activity – producing various outputs for publication to customers
- Collaborate with other management outside the organization (project, product or program managers, customer advocates, etc.) to coordinate projects and deliverables
- Develop use-case scenarios based on customer requirements
- Recommend tools that will speed up the documentation development process
- Write, edit, and manage corporate-level initiatives to promote corporate presence and message
- Coordinate with globalization and internationalization efforts
- Work with/or give guidance to employees of external companies for documentation and translation
- Write and edit tools for production and outputs for deliverables
- Collaborate with other members of the management team to coordinate company-wide initiatives (proposals, cost structure, legal material, corporate intranet, vendor-supplier/customer relationships) or corporate goals.
- Create and/or rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Lead others to consensus regarding deliverables
- Ability to write to standards and conventions
YOUR PROFILE:Minimum Qualifications:
- Demonstrated understanding of Software, Mechanical and Electrical systems from an operational, usage and engineering point of view.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area and 10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Master’s degree in related area or profession preferred
- Technical documentation and Web Authoring capability, experience, tools and styles
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Must be a go getter and able to work independently
- A team player
- Experience leading cross product technical writing teams
- Self-motivated and able to find answers when they are not readily available
- Able to work on a wide variety of tasks simultaneously and independently
- Can create clarity out of ambiguity
- Able to think out of the box and be flexible when developing work products
- Must be able to lead others to consensus regarding deliverables