IT SUPPORT DESK TECHNICIAN
Swisslog is a leading supplier of automation and software solutions for material transport and medication management that increases hospital efficiency and enhances the patient experience. We offer total system design, manufacturing, installation and customer support to provide an integrated solution that enhances information access, cost efficiency, error reduction and most importantly, patient safety.
The IT Support Desk Technician provides technical support and assistance to Swisslog internal employees using computer hardware, standard desktop applications, and software applications. This person is responsible for troubleshooting and conducting problem determination to identify a problem source and resolution.
- Perform Help Desk functions including troubleshooting of workstation issues and configuration of new workstations.
- Provide user assistance/training on standard PC/network hardware and software applications.
- Backup and assist other members of the IT Group.
- Serve as a liaison between the IT group and the user community.
- Development and maintain standard IT practices as they relate to end user computing.
- Administer and develop internal and external end user training programs.
- Research, track and inventory computer hardware and software.
- Minimum 3 years Help Desk experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Excellent interpersonal, phone and customer support skills.
Knowledge & Experience
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware and desktop operating systems such as Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Knowledge of desktop virtualization, application virtualization, desktop imaging, etc.
- Knowledge of desktop security applications, computing forensics concepts and practical application thereof.
- Exceptional knowledge of a wide range of desktop applications and security solutions, including Microsoft applications such as Office 2007 / 2010, Project, Visio, etc.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of diagnostic utilities including those offered by Microsoft, Dell, Lenovo, etc.