Denver and Surrounding Communities
The Relationship Manager is the catalyst behind Heartland’s success as an organization. As a consultative sales professional, the Relationship Manager is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects. Relationship Managers set appointments with business owners to educate them about Heartland’s payment processing solution(s). They do this by prospecting over the phone, face-to-face, through their networks, and building referral partnerships. Relationship Managers get compensated with one time commission, residuals and owership. The compensation is highly leveraged with the opportunity for creating passive income while working flexible hours.
Your role as a Relationship Manager is to close sales of our business solutions with merchants throughout the area. As a Relationship Manager with Heartland, you will work closely with your local Division or Territory Manager to set appointments with business owners over the phone, face-to-face, through your network, and via referral partnerships that you build. You will then run scheduled appointments, uncover needs, and present Heartland solutions to close sales in our target vertical markets (restaurants, retail, medical, lodging, auto repair, salons, etc.). A Relationship Manager reports to a Division Manager and receives coaching from a Territory Manager. During the training/ramp-up period, your DM or TM will accompany you on your initial appointments to train you on our short-cycle sales process using Atlas, our groundbreaking tablet-based CRM platform for lead generation, sales presentations, on the spot client financial analysis, and paperless contract processing. You will then have the freedom to set your own work schedule while working primarily from a home office and maximizing the upside of residual income on the business you bring in.
What makes a great Relationship Manager?
o Drive for Results
o Strategic Thinking
Does this describe you?
• Advancement within Heartland organization in as little as 3 months
Responsibilities of the Relationship Manager include:
• Prospecting for and running dynamic sales presentations
• Explaining our value proposition to clients via Atlas CRM on your iPad or tablet
• Closing sales of our payment processing services (Card Processing, Payroll / HR Outsourcing,
• Educating merchants and business owners on the payment processing industry
• Upselling current clients on our gift marketing, payroll and other products and services
• Maintaining regular communication with your Territory / Division Manager
• Excellent prospecting, resourcefulness, communication, presentation and networking skills
• Works well independently and as part of a team
• Incentive-driven sales “hunter”
• Professional demeanor and impeccable integrity
• High sense of urgency and innate sales talent
• Must enjoy cold-calling and speaking with people face to face
• Experience dealing directly with small to mid-sized, local business owners and decision
• Experience closing in a fast sales cycle: 5 - 10 sales per month
• Experience in a performance based compensation model
• Previous Top Performer status in an outside sales position
• Proven track record of pipeline development and closing sales
• Ability to pass a background check
• Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
• Computer literacy
• Membership in a business or merchant association or a networking group a plus
• Bilingual skills a plus
Compensation - Benefits W2, 401K with company match
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, & Disability
Apply to learn more
Heartland, now part of Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN), is one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivering credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland SecureTM and its comprehensive Heartland breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing, payroll solutions and related business solutions and services to more than 400,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
Heartland is the founding supporter of Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.