Experience using UltraTax tax preparation software is preferred.
Mile High Tax & Accounting currently has an opening for a Senior Tax Accountant with at least 4 years of experience preparing business and individual tax returns.
To succeed in this role, candidate should possess excellent time management skills, ability to communicate with clients, and knowledge of tax laws.
Mile High Tax & Accounting is a small but rapidly growing CPA practice, providing Tax Planning and Compliance, Bookkeeping and Payroll services to a wide range of small business clients. Located in Arvada, this is a great opportunity for an experienced tax professional.
This is a fast-paced accounting firm where we enjoy our work time and friendship with our clients.
- Preparation of tax returns 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, and state equivalents
- Complete necessary workpapers associated with engagements
- Assist with tax planning
- Communicate with clients and answer client questions
- Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions
- Utilize knowledge of tax laws to add value to clients tax situation
- Assist/Supervise on bookkeeping, payroll and special projects
- Organize and update the company’s client database
- Full time, including extended hours during tax season
- Performing other relevant duties when needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (Advanced Degree a plus)
- CPA is preferred (will accept CPA candidate for qualified applicant)
- A minimum of 4 years' experience as a tax accountant or similar role in public accounting
- Knowledge of tax & accounting software such as Thompson Reuters CS Professional products (UltraTax CS and Onvio), and QuickBooks Online is preferred
- Enthusiastic, fast learner, and self-motivated
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- In-depth knowledge of tax laws and motivate to learn new tax regulations and laws
- Strong attention to details with excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year