We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
Covenant Village of Colorado, a Continuing Care Retirement Community, is looking for a part-time Receptionist. This position is accountable for greeting residents, staff, and visitors in person or on the telephone in a positive, professional way.
At Covenant Village of Colorado, our commitment to love, compassion and faith is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of older adults by creating joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families. Thanks to the dedication of our team, we are able to create a welcoming environment that’s more than just a community of people—it’s a place our residents are proud to call home and our team members are proud to work in. Join an organization that celebrates and engages it's team members with Monthly Birthday Breakfast Celebrations, Employees of the Month and Employee Service Anniversary Recognition, Halloween Costume Competitions, Casual Fridays, Department Celebrations, Meal Discounts and more!
In this role, the Receptionist will:
- Answer all telephone calls as quickly as possible in a polite, personal, and friendly manner. Transfers calls appropriately. Take messages when the individual requested (resident or staff) is not available.
- Monitor emergency system, directs staff to emergent situations, calls emergency personnel as appropriate, completes resident checks as appropriate to specific desk
- Provide information to all visitors and see that they are directed to the appropriate individual who can assist them, ensuring that all visitors/contractors sign in and wear appropriate badges according to policy and procedure.
- Ensure that reception desk and lobby are kept clean and organized after each shift.
- Facilitate transportation requests to appropriate staff, coordinate and communicate the timing of transportation to residents and staff. Places courtesy calls to residents to remind them of transportation trips.
- Assist residents in signing up for programs and activities and collect payment.
- Is knowledgeable about all office equipment and is able to demonstrate how to use it to other staff, monitors equipment, reports supply need and issues to Lead Receptionist.
- Sell postage stamps to residents and staff, receive packages and mail, sort mail and log in packages, inform residents/staff of packages to pick up.
- Facilitate maintenance requests, inputs requests into system, and communicates to appropriate staff urgent or emergent situations.
- Complete monthly charge sheets in accordance to procedure.
- Support other departments in clerical duties as assigned by the Administrative Services Coordinator
- Support the Lead Receptionist in clerical duties and maintenance of the reception area
- Balance cash register/drawer including cash receipts and checks that have been cashed for individuals at the desk.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- One year of secretarial training or clerical experience preferred, not required.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written in English. .
- Pleasant personality and telephone voice.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation.
- Complete confidentiality when circulating general information.
- Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Interest in and desire to work with older adults.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
For more information about Covenant Retirement Communities, please visit www.covenantretirement.org.
For more information about CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.