At Covenant Village of Colorado, our commitment to love, compassion and faith is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of older adults by creating joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families. Thanks to the dedication of our team, together we are able to create a welcoming environment that’s more than just a community of people—it’s a place our residents are proud to call home and our team member are proud to work in.
As a Housekeeper and Laundry Aide, you'll provide a comfortable, clean and safe home for our residents. This position is full-time with a work schedule of Tuesday - Saturday 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM.
You will join a team that supports and build genuine relationships with each other through respect, encouragement, and teamwork. Covenant Village of Colorado is a fun place to work where you can enjoy Employee Appreciation Parties, Nurse Appreciation Week, Birthday Breakfast Celebrations, Employee Service Anniversary Gifts and more! If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, we'd love to hear from you!
In this role, the Housekeeper and Laundry Aide is responsible for:
- Performing cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedule and using departmental standards and infection control guidelines.
- Maintaining all floors as appropriate, including sweeping, dry and wet mopping, stripping, scrubbing, waxing, vacuuming, extraction, hosting, and buffing as scheduled or assigned.
- Assisting in cleaning emergency spills that are observed or reported.
- Project cleaning, including, but not limited to; walls, ceilings, vents, light fixtures, windows, etc.
- Removing trash and/or recyclables from collection points, public areas, and outside entrance areas, and transporting into dumpster/trash pick-up areas. Replacing trash liners as needed.
- Deep cleaning rooms/units as needed at times of transfer/discharges in accordance with department standards.
- Moving furniture as needed. Assist in resident moves at time of transfer/discharge.
- Participating in campus linen program, including distributing, collecting, counting and preparing for pick-up as well as handling the in-coming linen.
- Making beds in guest rooms or residences.
- Observing and reporting the need for repairs to facilities, furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Receiving campus supplies, deliveries and storing.
- Participating in campus snow and ice salting.
- Collecting soiled linens and assisting in sorting and stain removal.
- Properly washing and drying personal laundry of residents.
- Pressing or hand ironing articles.
- Folding, counting and stacking linens.
- Additional duties assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Housekeeping and/or general maintenance experience.
- Friendly and a team player!
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbal and written, with residents and staff.
- Dependability and common sense, and the ability to organize daily cleaning schedule to finish each day’s assignment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work within standard policy and procedures, with limited direct supervision.
- An interest in and desire to work with older adults is desired.
Tell your friends about us!
If you know someone who would make a great addition to our team, or would like to have a friend apply with you, please tell them about us and ask them to apply!
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use