The Event Safety Staff member is responsible for ensuring that NOAH’S policies and procedures are followed and that the event is safe and enjoyable for all guests and staff. To do this, the Event Safety Staff member will patrol inside and outside of the NOAH’S premises. Safety Staff must be reliable and professional, have the ability to verbally de-escalate tense situations, and possess the sense to call upon the proper authorities in the event of an escalated dispute. We create enjoyable experiences for every client who walks through the door, and we need a reliable, observant, and professional safety member to help us in this effort! Plus, because the events are enjoyable and fun, we know you’ll find this position rewarding and exciting! Know that this is a noncommissioned position, so no stun guns, mace, pepper spray, batons, knives, or other weapons are allowed.
This is a part-time position and requires weekend availability.
- Prevent losses and damages by reporting irregularities and policy violations to the Vice President of Operations
- Call the police, fire department, and/or other necessary responders in cases of emergency such as fire, the presence of unauthorized persons, violence, threats, etc.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property
- Patrols the perimeter of the venue and parking lots to ensure the security of the venue and compliance with all policies
- Enforce all of NOAH’S policies and procedures
- Complete detailed incident reports for all notable incidents while on duty
- Avoid physical force against clients, guests, vendors, or other employees at all costs, unless in self-defense.
Why you should work with us:
- Excellent co-workers
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- Fun work environment
- The opportunity to be a part of some incredible events
- Specific license as required by state or local policy
- Able to pass a background check and drug test
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to verbally de-escalate situations
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures
- Weekend/Evening availability
This position requires the employee to stand, walk and/or sit, and continuously perform essential job functions throughout the duration of the shift. The position also requires audio and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. The employee will need to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property. They will also need the ability to grasp, push, pull, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing up to 50lbs. This position requires sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Outside, Inside, Alone, and Closely with Others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position.
Compensation & Schedule:
- Part-time, $17 to $18/hr, depending on experience
- Weekend and late night availability is required
*If you feel you have been treated unfairly or have any other related concerns, please contact Human Resources at 435-261-2343 (do not contact for information about the position). If you are interested in the position, please apply through Indeed.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Event Safety: 1 year (Preferred)