Grab life by the Bucket!
We are a company committed to the growth and development of each individual. We are a budding company with limitless opportunity as we promote from within which has been our recipe for our success! Come experience the "Bucket Life" for yourself!
It is the responsibility of an Executive Chef to ensure that the kitchen provides nutritious, safe, eye appealing and properly flavored food. Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates. Other duties include menu planning, preparation of budgets, maintenance of payroll, food costs and other records. Specific duties involve food preparation include the establishment of quality standards, training associates in cooking in methods, presentations, techniques, portion control and retention of nutrients.
We believe in putting our associates first! Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, holidays off, an extensive benefits package including medical, vision and dental, 401K plan, life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days and future growth opportunities within the company.
Essential Responsibilities: include the following and other responsibilities that may be assigned:
1. Adheres to standards of professional appearance, personal cleanliness, and proper uniform. Displays confidence and a friendly disposition at all times.
2. Maintains, supports, and promotes Culture and philosophies.
3. Understand and protect the financial assets of the company at all times.
4. Control cost and maximize revenue
5. Communicate in a timely and professional manner with the five major groups we do business with.
6. Understand and be in compliance with all policies, procedures and laws related to employment, food handling, sanitation, and alcohol service within a restaurant.
7. Establishes quality standards for menu items and for food production.
8. Assist in controlling all costs pertaining to the kitchen.
9. Maintain sanitation of restaurant to exceed Health Department standards.
10. Maintains proper security of all restaurant personnel and guest property.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises all Heart of House (HOH) associates and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Hospitality: Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits guest feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
2. Teamwork: Hospitality, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed, exhibits objectivity and openness to others views
3. Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
4. Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Participates in training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skill; Shares expertise with others
5. Communications: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
6. Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale; Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound an accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Making timely decisions
7. Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making and facilitating; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ actions; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Improves processes, products and services; Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
8. Business Acumen: Understands business implications and decisions; displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources
9. Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Support organization’s goals and values
10. Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; changes approaches or demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
11. Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
12. Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works efficiently
13. Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
14. Initiative: Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent action and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed; Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standards of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; continually works to improve supervisory skills
15. Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educate others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-Free environment; Builds a diverse workforce
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Up to 50 lbs.
Up to 50 lbs.
Hours Required: Will vary based on concept and operating hours of the specific location
Licenses & Certifications