We are seeking a professional, caring candidate to provide paraprofessional services in support to clients and professional social caseworkers in the Permanency Section, including Adoptions, Youth in Transition, and Adolescent Resource Teams.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of support functions that require the use of judgment and discretion, decision-making, and independence of action. Work performed requires extensive program, case, and client-related knowledge and also requires frequent in depth interaction with clients, workers, and collateral contacts to include resource agencies, schools, law enforcement, and other individuals and organizations directly and indirectly related to the services provided.
- Provide transportation to hospitals, clinics, therapy appointments, foster care placements, supervised visitation, court hearings, and other community agencies to assist casework staff. Transport to in state and out of state locations by car or air.
- Provides a supportive environment and supervision during court ordered visitations. Observes, documents, intervenes, and redirects if necessary.
- Documentation and routine data entry in Trails and other databases.
- Coordinates, picks-up, and delivers client's personal items.
- Assists with documentation/scribing of RED Teams, 5B Special Reviews, and Permanency Roundtables several times per month, as needed.
- Provides other supportive services as requested.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Experience: Two years of experience in an extensive public contact environment or one year completion in a Case Aide II position.
- Education and Training: High School Diploma or GED.
- License or Certificate: Valid Colorado driver's license.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to work in a standard office environment.
- Ability to utilize personal vehicle or other mode of transportation to transport adult and child clients in all types of weather.
- Ability to lift and carry 1-50 lbs. such as infants and small children in the care and custody of the County, as well as case files and client's personal belonging going to storage or another location.