Title: Speech Language Pathologist - PRN
About this Career Opportunity:
Job Category: Therapy
Line of Business: Rehab Without Walls Services
- Performs the evaluation and treatment of patients with speech, language, cognitive and swallowing disorders based upon physician orders/referrals
- Completes a comprehensive evaluation based upon Physician referral using appropriate evaluation and assessment tools and procedures
- Reviews patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions & contraindications.
- Establishes measurable goals and develops treatment plan to move the patient toward his or her maximum level of speech, language, cognitive and swallowing abilities.
- Regularly re-assesses effectiveness of treatment plan, progress of patient towards goals and the need for modifying goals or treatment.
- Communicates patient’s needs and progress to the treatment team, physician, person receiving services, family members, as applicable.
- Consults with medical providers regarding patient evaluation and treatment, progress of the patient and discharge from treatment.
- Maintains and submits evaluation, treatment and billing documentation in the format and timelines required by the Company, facility, funding source, local, state and federal regulations.
- Adheres to standards of the Company's Code of Business Conduct, policies, HIPAA and Corporate Compliance programs and appropriate professional practice standards and applicable state/federal laws
- Attends, participates in and/or conducts internal staff development programs and meetings; obtains continuing education as required by company policy and regulations; maintains and enhances clinical practice skills.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology from a college or university with accredited Speech Language Pathology program
- Current, unrestricted license as an Speech Language Pathologist by state in which practicing
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) or CPR certification in accordance state regulations
- A minimum of one (1) year’s work experience as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Demonstrates knowledge of rehabilitation techniques related to complex neurological injury required
- Communicates effectively and professionally in verbal and written interactions
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and attention to detail
This is a PRN position for Rehab Without Wall's newly opened neuro Outpatient center.
Our Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
About Rehab Without Walls Services
Rehab Without Walls (RWW) NeuroSolutions started more than 30 years ago. RWW originally designed a program helping brain injury, spinal cord injury, and stroke patients using real-life activities in their own environment. Today, RWW is still removing walls, breaking barriers and rebuilding lives. But RWW is also connecting the neuro-rehab continuum, providing expertise in the right place at the right time with outpatient and residential services in addition to groundbreaking home and community rehab.
RWW services start with the understanding of a patient’s health, lifestyle and goals. RWW then assembles a team of neuro-trained therapists who work across therapy disciplines to create a truly personalized program that blends scientifically backed rehab protocols with the patient’s real-life activities. It’s a combination that delivers better results during the recovery journey and into the future.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Company does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
8501 Turnpike Dr Suite 100, Westminster , CO 80031 USA