The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively selling the meeting space, guest rooms, food and beverage, and function planning services of the hotel to maximize revenues and profits for the hotel. The Sales & Catering Sales Manager establishes new accounts, generates revenues, monitors booking pace, and books repeat business while keeping quality consistently high.
Education & Experience:
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations. Maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co- workers and guests.
- Must be able to work and understand financial information and data regarding P&L
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service- oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Expotel Hospitality Service standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel but will include a mandatory daily EBR meeting
- Comply at all times with Encore Hospitality Service standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely
- Meet and greet in-house guests upon arrival, review the course of events and introduce other staff members (banquet manager, captain)
- Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO’s are insured, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize
- Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports.
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting
Job Type: Full-time